May is Bike Month
Grab your helmet and join the bike movement in May!
Play Bike Bingo!
Bike Month Bingo is a challenge to help YOU to pedal somewhere new or use your bike in a different way. Share a picture of you with your completed card on The League of American Bicyclists Twitter feed (@BikeLeague) and you could win a prize!
Bike Safety Tips:
- Wear a helmet.
- Obey traffic laws and ride in the direction of traffic, on the right hand side, if you are riding in the street vs. a trail.
- Be predictable– signal, ride in a steady, straight line as much as possible
- Be visible– make sure your bicycle has reflectors, and lights are required for night riding in Pennsylvania.
- Stay alert to road surface and traffic conditions. Hazards include: train tracks, storm grates, glass and gravel, potholes, open car doors, and turning vehicles, among numerous others.
- Make sure your bicycle is in good working order. See the League of American Bicyclists for details on how to check your bike before a ride.
Text FILLMEIN to 84483 to receive Facility alerts.
Text WBYCW to 84483 to receive Child Watch alerts.
Text GROUPEX to 84483 to receive Group Exercise alerts.
Text YGYMS to 84483 to receive Gym Alerts alerts.
Text YCHILDCARE to 84483 to receive Childcare alerts.
Text WBFAM to 84483 to receive Youth and Family Programming alerts.
Text WBKIDS to 84483 to receive School Age Child Care alerts.
Text YTEEN to 84483 to receive Teen Programming alerts.
Text YMCAOFF to 84483 to receive Summer O.F.F. alerts.
Text YCKDAY to 84483 to receive Day Camp alerts.
Text YCKOVERNIGHT to 84483 to receive Overnight Camp alerts.
Text YCKFAMILIES to 84483 to receive YCK Families alerts.
Text POOLALERTS to 84483 to receive Mericle Pool alerts.
Text WBYST to 84483 to receive WBY Swim Team alerts.