Mask Protocol Update 7/14/2020
As you know, mask-wearing requirements amid the coronavirus pandemic set forth by Governor Wolf, make it mandatory that all PA residents wear a mask anytime they leave home. Please take a moment to ensure you are fully aware of our amended safety protocols regarding masks. Please note, the guidelines below are subject to change.
Mask Protocol While Inside the Facility:
- All members must wear a mask upon entering the facility
- Masks are to remain on throughout facility usage and especially within common areas such as the fitness center, studios, locker rooms, pool decks, hallways, etc.
- Masks may only be altered when using cardio equipment
- Masks are to be removed upon entering the water of the pool and are to remain off during pool usage
- Indoor athletics are paused as this physical activity cannot be performed safely while wearing a mask
Your workout routine may now look like this:
- Enter the Y, wearing a mask
- Clean equipment before use using your individual spray bottle
- Complete exercise
- Clean equipment after use using your individual spray bottle
- Move to next piece of equipment while wearing your mask the entire time
Mask Protocol While Outside the Facility:
- Masks are not required to be worn when outside the facility and socially distant.
- Members participating in outdoor group exercise classes, and remain socially distant, do not need to wear a mask.
Indoor Group Exercise On Hold
- All indoor group exercise classes are paused until further notice
- All outdoor and online group exercise classes will continue as scheduled
- Please stay tuned for additional outdoor and online offerings coming soon
- All childcare participants will adhere to the policy set forth by the Childcare Director
- We understand when engaged in high intensity activities, wearing a cloth face covering may cause difficulty breathing
- If you are not able to safely perform any activity, we kindly ask you to modify your workout or change your location
- We are still offering outdoor and online options for all members
- Anyone not following mask protocols will receive a warning. Two warnings will result in a one week suspension from the Y. A third warning will result in member termination without refund.
All YMCA staff will continue to wear masks, except when outside.
We have learned many things through the pandemic, one of which is the need to adapt and readapt in response to a constantly changing environment. With this in mind, we will continually evaluate our procedures and safety protocols and readjust accordingly, following state mandates and our local health department requirements, and always with you in mind.
We appreciate your adherence to our protocols as well as your care and consideration for your fellow Y members, and your patience as we all adapt. We are all in this together, and together we are better!
Text FILLMEIN to 84483 to receive Facility alerts.
Text WBYCW to 84483 to receive Child Watch alerts.
Text OUTDOOREX to 84483 to receive Outdoor Goup Exercise alerts.
Text GROUPEX to 84483 to receive Indoor Group Exercise alerts.
Text YGYMS to 84483 to receive Gym Alerts alerts.
Text YCHILDCARE to 84483 to receive Childcare alerts.
Text WBFAM to 84483 to receive Youth and Family Programming alerts.
Text WBKIDS to 84483 to receive School Age Child Care alerts.
Text YTEEN to 84483 to receive Teen Programming alerts.
Text YMCAOFF to 84483 to receive Summer O.F.F. alerts.
Text YCKDAY to 84483 to receive Day Camp alerts.
Text YCKOVERNIGHT to 84483 to receive Overnight Camp alerts.
Text YCKFAMILIES to 84483 to receive YCK Families alerts.
Text POOLALERTS to 84483 to receive Mericle Pool alerts.
Text WBYST to 84483 to receive WBY Swim Team alerts.