Henry Gym Schedule & Policies
Effective Monday, September 21, 2020
Our Henry Gym is typically available for open gym outside of any reserved times listed on the calendar below and during normal business hours. Our calendar is updated frequently so please check back often for changes.
STAY IN THE KNOW
Text YGYMS to 84483 to receive Gym Alets alerts.
At this time we the Henry Gym is predominately reserved on weekdays for the children in our child care programs: Day Care, Pre School, A.F.T.E.R. and A.C.H.I.E.V.E.
To keep our children, players and staff as healthy and safe as possible we have additional requirements and procedures in place. Please be sure to stay informed as updates may occur at any time.
Our policies are in place to allow a schedule that includes member use so games such as pickleball and basketball can be enjoyed. Everyone’s cooperation is expected and appreciated so that we all can share and utilize this space.
Henry Gymnasium Policies
- To limit the mixing of populations, players must wait to enter the gym until the scheduled time of their chosen activity
- A Y staff employee will notify the front desk when the gym has been cleaned and cleared for player use after child care has exited.
- The second floor bathroom and water fountain is currently reserved for Child Care. We ask that players use other floors for this purpose via the wide/white stairwell.
- We encourage players to use the wide/white stairwell that opens directly next to the gym to access the second floor. We appreciate your understanding that the elevator is limited to the use of special populations and the side stairwell is reserved for access to daycare, after school and pre school.
- To help keep surfaces clean we ask that players do not move child care equipment or enter any child care rooms/spaces.
- Members are expected to be respectful of others using the gym and share the space accordingly.
- Members are expected to follow face covering requirements while inside the facility.
- No food is allowed in the Henry Gym
- Shirts must be worn
- Proper footwear is expected. Non-marking court shoes must be worn on the gym floors
- Spectators are not allowed at this time
- Players waiting to rotate onto the court are expected to maintain a 6 foot distance from others
- Anyone found in violation the member code of conduct, these policies or bringing food into the gym will be asked to leave and may have their membership revoked.
- Gyms will be monitored.
At this time the YMCA is not providing equipment for shared use. Members are encouraged to bring their own basketballs, pickleballs, paddles, etc.
Please click on any activity listed in the calendar for additional details.
Open gym is for Wilkes-Barre Family YMCA and Greater Pittston YMCA Member use.
Text FILLMEIN to 84483 to receive Facility alerts.
Text WBYCW to 84483 to receive Child Watch alerts.
Text OUTDOOREX to 84483 to receive Outdoor Goup Exercise alerts.
Text GROUPEX to 84483 to receive Indoor Group Exercise alerts.
Text YGYMS to 84483 to receive Gym Alerts alerts.
Text YCHILDCARE to 84483 to receive Childcare alerts.
Text WBFAM to 84483 to receive Youth and Family Programming alerts.
Text WBKIDS to 84483 to receive School Age Child Care alerts.
Text YTEEN to 84483 to receive Teen Programming alerts.
Text YMCAOFF to 84483 to receive Summer O.F.F. alerts.
Text YCKDAY to 84483 to receive Day Camp alerts.
Text YCKOVERNIGHT to 84483 to receive Overnight Camp alerts.
Text YCKFAMILIES to 84483 to receive YCK Families alerts.
Text POOLALERTS to 84483 to receive Mericle Pool alerts.
Text WBYST to 84483 to receive WBY Swim Team alerts.