DOLPHIN SWIM TEAM
The YMCA swim team is based on the YMCA principles of competitive swimming and character development. We believe that everybody swims and everybody wins. Our coaching staff will help to develop our swimmers to be the very best swimmer while continuing to stress the Y values of respect, responsibility, honesty and caring.
2 Practice Groups
- Mini Dolphin Practice: Those new to swim team or those with 1-2 years of competitive experience. Our younger swimmers.
- Orca Practice: For swimmers who are competent in all four competitive strokes, starts & turns & are ready for a more intense workout. Please contact our Head Coach if unsure of which practice is right for your swimmer’s.
- All fees are season fees. Prices cannot be pro-rated for late registrants. Fees cannot be adjusted for swimmers who start late or choose not to finish the season. Monthly drafts cannot be canceled for those who decide not to finish the season, as these are season fees.
- Coaches may move swimmers to a different practice session according to ability level if needed.
- ALL SWIMMERS MUST BE YMCA MEMBERS
- We participate in the Northeast Pa Age Group Summer League. We also attend 1 or 2 Invitational meets. All summer competition is optional.
- PARENTAL CLEARANCES -PA State Law now requires background clearances for any volunteers who have any direct contact with children. One parent from each family is required to submit a copy of these clearances in order for their swimmer to attend any meets or team spirit events.
“Mini Dolphin” Practice
For those new to competitive swimming, or with 1-2 years of swim team experience. This practice is primarily focused on stroke development and technique.
M/W/F from 6-7pm at Wilkes-Barre Family YMCA
Tues from 6-7pm at Greater Pittston YMCA
“Orca” Practice Age 11 & Over
For swimmers competent in all four competitive strokes, starts & turns. Please check with our Head Coach if unsure of your readiness for this practice.
M/W/F from 7 – 8:30pm at Wilkes-Barre Family YMCA
Tues from 7-8:30pm at Greater Pittston YMCA
Sat from 7:30am – 9am at Greater Pittston YMCA
MONTHLY BANK DRAFT OPTION*
Mini Dolphin: $51
High School: $14
*6 Monthly Bank Draft Payments Terms
- First payment due when registering.
- 5 remaining payments will be taken on the 15th of Oct.-Feb.
- Draft authorization form must be submitted to the Aquatic Director in order for the Y to set up drafts.
- Download Electronic Transfer Form
- Send forms to Andrea Butchko.
TEAM FEES (PAY IN FULL)
Mini Dolphin: $306
High School: $84
Text FILLMEIN to 84483 to receive Facility alerts.
Text WBYCW to 84483 to receive Child Watch alerts.
Text GROUPEX to 84483 to receive Group Exercise alerts.
Text YGYMS to 84483 to receive Gym Alerts alerts.
Text YCHILDCARE to 84483 to receive Childcare alerts.
Text WBFAM to 84483 to receive Youth and Family Programming alerts.
Text WBKIDS to 84483 to receive School Age Child Care alerts.
Text YTEEN to 84483 to receive Teen Programming alerts.
Text YMCAOFF to 84483 to receive Summer O.F.F. alerts.
Text YCKDAY to 84483 to receive Day Camp alerts.
Text YCKOVERNIGHT to 84483 to receive Overnight Camp alerts.
Text YCKFAMILIES to 84483 to receive YCK Families alerts.
Text POOLALERTS to 84483 to receive Mericle Pool alerts.
Text WBYST to 84483 to receive WBY Swim Team alerts.