DOLPHIN SWIM TEAM
The YMCA swim team is based on the YMCA principles of competitive swimming and character development. We believe that everybody swims and everybody wins. Our
coaching staff will help to develop our swimmers to be the very best swimmer while
continuing to stress the Y values of respect, responsibility, honesty and caring.
2 Practice Groups
- Mini Dolphin Practice: Those new to swim team or those with 1-2 years of competitive experience. Our younger swimmers.
- Orca Practice: For swimmers who are competent in all four competitive strokes, starts & turns & are ready for a more intense workout. Please contact our Head Coach if unsure of which practice is right for your swimmer’s.
- All fees are season fees. Prices cannot be pro-rated for late registrants. Fees cannot be adjusted for swimmers who start late or choose not to finish the season. Monthly drafts cannot be canceled for those who decide not to finish the season, as these are season fees.
- Coaches may move swimmers to a different practice session according to ability level if needed.
- ALL SWIMMERS MUST BE YMCA MEMBERS
- We participate in the Northeast Pa Age Group Summer League. We also attend 1 or 2 Invitational meets. All summer competition is optional.
- PARENTAL CLEARANCES -PA State Law now requires background clearances for any volunteers who have any direct contact with children. One parent from each family is required to submit a copy of these clearances in order for their swimmer to attend any meets or team spirit events.
“Mini Dolphin” Practice
For those new to competitive swimming, or with 1-2 years of swim team experience. This practice is primarily focused on stroke development and technique.
M/W/F: 6:00-7:00pm & Saturdays 7:15-8:45am
“Orca” Practice Age 11 & Over
For swimmers competent in all four competitive strokes, starts & turns. Please check with our Head Coach if unsure of your readiness for this practice.
M/W/Th/F: 7:00-8:30 pm & Saturdays 7:15-8:45am
Monday through Friday: 6:15-7:45am (these practices begin after schools finish in mid-June)
MONTHLY BANK DRAFT OPTION*
Mini Dolphin: $50
*3 payments: 1st payment due when registering.
2 remaining payments will be taken the 15th of
June & July. Draft Authorization Form must be submitted to
the Aquatic Director in order for the Y to set up drafts
TEAM FEES (PAY IN FULL)
Mini Dolphin: $150
Spring Competitive Stroke Clinic
Our 4-week Spring Stroke Clinics will give those who are thinking about joining our swim team the opportunity to work with our coaching staff for four weeks to get a “taste” of our program. This also gives our coaches an opportunity to orient new swimmers to our program, and evaluate new swimmers readiness for swim team, and placement in a practice session. The clinics will also provide experienced swimmers an opportunity to improve technique.
Text FILLMEIN to 84483 to receive Facility alerts.
Text YCHILDCARE to 84483 to receive Childcare alerts.
Text GROUPEX to 84483 to receive Group Exercise alerts.
Text WBFAM to 84483 to receive Youth and Family Programming alerts.
Text WBKIDS to 84483 to receive School Age Child Care alerts.
Text YCKDAY to 84483 to receive Day Camp alerts.
Text YCKOVERNIGHT to 84483 to receive Overnight Camp alerts.
Text YCKFAMILIES to 84483 to receive YCK Families alerts.
Text POOLALERTS to 84483 to receive Mericle Pool alerts.
Text WBYST to 84483 to receive WBY Swim Team alerts.